Saturday 28 August 2010

Den Den Town (Electronic District of Osaka)

Today I went to the area of Osaka where all the geeks go to buy all sorts of anime media, toys, figures, and more. It reminded my a lot of Akiba in Tokyo. I got quite excited when I saw stands for the new pokemon game which comes out on the 18th of September :)


The shops in this district are so crowded, and there is barely any room to walk between the stacks of japanese goods, especially with my not so small backpack on I was very careful to not knock down anything.


And there was some of those cool japanese robots for sale but I unfortunately I didnt have enough to make a purchase ;)


Later I stumbled across what seemed to be a free art gallery so I took some snaps of the amazing artwork.


I also found a YuGiOh card shop which was completely full of... guess what? YuGiOh cards of course. Haha I had a great time looking through each and every card trying to spot a gem.


The 3 Egyptian God cards going for 90, 60, and 90 pounds each respectively. Its the first time I have ever seen the genuine article!!!!



I couldnt help myself but to spend some of my cash on them. Unfortunately there was only a few english ones but I settled for the japanese versions of the better cards. What you see below only cost 10 pounds :)


I stayed in a youth hostel again tonight (the same one as last night) and I will be staying here tommorow night aswell since I have an abundance of people willing to host me. The last picture is ok me in my bath robes about to join the rest of the japanese men in a japanese style spa bath.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Ad :D
    Just catching up on your last few blog entries (I've been in Bristol visiting the Fenlons these past few days).

    Sounds like you're having loads of fun :) I'm quite jealous ahaha.

    And yes, I'll let you use Dark Magician Girl in your deck even though it's Japanese ;D But there's no way I'm letting you use Crush Card Virus ahaha :P

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So do you mean you are not getting many replies for couch surfing? Still YH sounds OK and you will meet lots of travellers. Sounds like you are experiencing the 'real' Japan that you wanted to find.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are having fun. We've just had Cathy and family staying a couple of days. That was nice.So hopefully you are conversing in Japanese as much as possible and staying well away from strange women!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a great time on this fantastic adventure Adam!
    Best Wishes,
    Cathy and family xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.